Please note: some questions I didn't answer because I thought they were either a)useless or b) confusing. Good luck and thanks for learning more about me! And another thing, I started filling this out on 8/24/10 and finished on 8/25/10
1. Who are you?
I hate questions like this, my name is Jessica, but that isn't who I am. I am a mother, wife, daughter, sister, niece, granddaughter, great-granddaughter, and student. I am sure you will find out more about "who I am" throughout this whole process. Oh, and I'm a recovering alcoholic.
2. What are the 3 most important things everyone should know about you?
1. I am a crafty person, probably why I want to be a pastry chef.
2. I love my daughter with everything, which is why I let my mom take her when the going was tough. I did what was best for her.
3. Sometimes, even though I love my husband with everything I have, I feel like maybe its all a dream, a wonderful dream and I might wake up and its gone.
3. When you aren't filling out 5,000 question surveys like this one what are you doing?
Watching movies, blogging, oh wait, that's what I am doing now. I love spending what little time I have with my husband, going to work, going to school, homework, reading, playing around on the internet.
4. List your classes in school from the ones you like the most to the ones you like the least (or if you are out of school, think of the classes you did like and didn't like at the time).
I love my cooking classes usually. I really liked my "english for idiots" class. I learned a lot about my teacher. This last quarter, I hated my teacher for my cooking class so it made it frusterating to even like the class.
5. What is your biggest goal for this year?
Stay happy, live life like its supposed to. I know this year is almost over, but I wish I could enjoy my life everyday. Sometimes its hard, especially with our recent loss, but I want to grow from the experience.
6. Where do you want to be in 5 years?
I want to not be in school! Thats what I know for sure, for now!
7. What stage of life are you in right now?
I am not sure how people would define the stages. I guess I would say I am in transition? I just got married, we are hopefully moving into a bigger apartment...I am going to school. I guess you could say that its a transition.
8. Are you more child-like or childish?
WTF kind of question is this? I don't think I am child-like, unless I am sick or hurt. I am sometimes childish except I try to be more adult.
9. What is the last thing you said out loud?
Probably something vulgar. LOL. I have been home alone all night. Nobody has called me, so probably the last thing I said outloud was when I was driving and usually I am swearing at other drivers.
10. What song comes closest to how you feel about your life right now?
I Would Die For That by Kellie Coffey...I think that is who it is by, I heard it yesterday, it brings me to tears but I think it fits the mood I have been in the last 7 days.
11. Have you ever taken martial arts classes?
No, when I was younger my dad would take tai kwan do (sp?). I used to brag about it. I guess the closest I came to a "martial arts class" was when I went to Tai Chi my senior year.
12. Does your life tend to get better or worse or does it just stay the same?
It all depends on your perception of things. It does get better. I just have to remind myself that little bumps in the road are a part of life.
13. Does time really heal all wounds?
I think it does, if you let it.
14. How do you handle a rainy day?
I love rain. However it was raining the day that we found out we would lose the baby. Otherwise, I love them.
15. Which is worse...losing your luggage or having to sort out tangled holiday lights?
Ha!!! I have only been on one trip on an airplane. And my last christmas tree was pre-lit. So, you tell me!
16. How is your relationship with your parents?
My biological parents? Terrible. My adoptive parents? Awesome. My parents-in-law? Awesome again.
Will you miss them when they are gone?
Most definately. Especially the ones that I have an awesome relationship with, but I would miss them all.
17. Do you tend to be aware of what is going on around you?
That all depends. I can actually space out so much that I tend to not pay attention to anything around me. But I do like to people watch so I can be aware of my surroundings.
18. What is the truest thing that you know?
Smoking is bad for you. And my husband is an amazing cook.
19. What did you want to be when you grew up?
A kindergarten teacher. That was in 5th grade. Any earlier than that, I don't remember.
20. Have you ever been given a second chance?
I am living my second chance, everyday I am grateful for that.
21. Are you more of a giver or a taker?
I try to be both. I try not to take more than anyone can give. If I had to be one more than the other, I would say I am a giver, or I aspire to be.
22. Do you make your decisions with an open heart/mind?
I do try to.
23. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?
It used to be my surgery, to be tested for cancer, lymphoma. The recovery was terrible, I don't have lymphoma. However, the most physically painful thing to date would be having a natural miscarriage. I think it made it harder because I was emotionally wounded to the core.
24. What is the most emotionally painful thing that has ever happened to you?
Its a tie. Saying good bye the day my daughter went to live with my mom and the day my husband and I would miscarry the baby.
25. Who have you hugged today?
My husband. I hug him everyday. And L, I saw him at the store. He always hugs me.
26. Who has done something today to show they care about you?
My husband. He tries to show me everyday that he cares about me, I am lucky.
27. Do you have a lot to learn?
I do. I believe everyone does. Even on my deathbed, I will have a lot to learn.
28. If you could learn how to do three things just by wishing and not by working what would they be?
I don't want to learn things without the lessons. Learning new things is about the experience.
29. Which do you remember the longest: what other people say, what other people do or how other people make you feel?
How other people make you feel. They can say things they don't mean or do things they don't mean, but how they make me feel, I ALWAYS remember that. I will always remember how I felt on my wedding day. I may not always remember what was said by the minister or by loved ones as toasts, but the feeling I had, I will always remember that.
30. What are the key ingredients to having a good relationship?
Communication, honesty, and forgiveness.
31. What 3 things do you want to do before you die?
A Touch someone's life the way others have touched mine. I may have already done this, but I will keep trying to do it.
B Ride a mechanical bull.
C Take a chance and live somewhere I haven't before. I have lived in the same area my whole life, I want to get out of my comfort zone so I can grow.
32. What three things would you want to die to avoid doing?
A Having my children know the pain I have. No child should ever think their parents don't love them, no matter what they do. Whether it is true or not.
B Relapse. I don't ever want to put anyone else through the pain I have already caused people that love me.
33. Is there a cause you believe in more than any other cause?
There are a few. MS, Breast Cancer
34. What does each decade make you think of:
2000 (so far):
35. Which decade do you feel the most special connection to and why?
I don't have a special connection to any decades.
36. What is your favorite oldie/classic rock song?
Angel Eyes by Jeff Heeley Band
37. What country do you live in and who is the leader of that country?
United States of America. Barak Obama
If you could say any sentence to the current leader of your country what would it be?
I'm honestly not sure.
38. What's your favorite TV channel to watch in the middle of the night?
TV Land. Or Nick
39. What Disney villain are you the most like and why?
I don't see myself relating to a Disney villian. I haven't watched any lately, but my mom reminds me of Cruella DeVille sometimes.
40. Have you ever been a girl scout/boy scout?
41. If you were traveling to another continent would you rather fly or take a boat?
Fly, I have a feeling if I was on a boat for an extended period of time, I might get seasick.
42. Why is the sky blue during the day and black at night?
The sun reflects...blah blah. Or, thats the way God wanted it :)
43. What does your name mean?
44. Would you rather explore the deeps of the ocean or outer space?
Maybe the ocean?
45. Word association
What is the first word that comes to mind when you see the word:
Elvis: peanut butter
Magic: 8 ball
Clash: of the titans
46. If you could meet any person in the world who is dead who would you want it to be?
My husband's mother. Or my grandfather on my dad's side.
47. What if you could meet anyone who is alive?
48. Is there a movie that you love so much you could watch it everyday?
Sweet Home Alabama
49. You are going to be stuck alone in an elevator for a week. What do you bring to do?
To do? I would probably bring my Nook, my laptop and blackberry. My nook can buy books nearly everywhere, I have the 3-G one. My laptop has Sims3 :) And my blackberry, lets me talk to my husband.
50. Have you ever saved someone's life or had your life saved?
Hmmm...I do believe my sponsor saved my life.
51. Make up a definition for the following silly words...
Fruitgoogle: someone who obsessively googles everything they become a "fruitgoogle"
Ambytime: this would be the portal in which my friend Amber lives in, its not never never land, but close. Its "Ambytime" in her world. Which seems to revolve around her.
Asscactus: This is worse than being an asshat. good luck
52. What was the last thing you made with your own hands?
Food. In school
53. What was your favorite toy as a child?
I had an ice cream maker, the barbie one. I never did get to use it, but I thought it was pretty freaking cool. That and I loved my cheap-ass play dishes :)
54. How many TV’s are in your house?
There are 2. We use one for actual watching, but we do have another one in my storage.
55. What is your favorite thing to do outside?
56. How do you feel when you see a rainbow?
That depends on my mood, but usually I feel like I have seen true beauty
57. Have you ever dreamt a dream that came true?
I have had dreams that parts of them came true, it felt like deja vu
58. Have you ever been to a psychic/tarot reader?
Been to one? No. I have had my cards read though.
59. What is your idea of paradise?
Beach, with my husband and child.
60. Do you believe in god and if so what is he/she/it like?
Sure. He is like a best friend, only without judging.
61. Do you believe in Hell?
62. What one thing have you done that most people haven't?
Most people I know? Or most people in general? Just people I know, I have gotten married, and I have a child, thats compared to my close friends. Most people in general...I think I have a one-of-a-kind tattoo. I get complimented on it often
63. What is the kindest thing you have ever done?
Let someone I love go
64. Are you a patient person?
Not really. I tell my husband all the time "I only have patience for small children and baking" now add "my husband" to that list.
65. What holiday should exist but doesn't?
Isn't there a holiday for everything?
66. What holiday shouldn't exist but does?
67. What's the best joke you ever heard?
Umm..I don't know?
68. Where is the most fun place you have EVER been?
Ever been? Probably Branson, MO. I had a blast.
69. Is your hair natural or dyed?
Naturally dyed. LOL. I dye my hair.
70. Do you have any deep dark secrets or are you pretty much up front?
I think I have a secret or two, but people close to me know them.
71. What is under your bed right now?
Nothing, we checked the other day.
72. If you were in the Land of Oz would you want to live there or go home?
Go home. My husband and child aren't in the Land of Oz
73. If you drive do you frequently speed?
Nope, I am sure it drives my husband and other drivers nuts that I drive the speed limit
74. What is the world's best song to dance to?
Anything by Lady Gaga
75. What song was on the last time you danced with someone?
I don't remember?
76. Do you prefer Disney or Warner Brothers?
77. What is the first animal you would run to see if you went to the zoo?
78. Would you consider yourself to be romantic?
79. If the earth stopped rotating would we all fly off?
Probably not fly off. Maybe just fall over.
80. What is the one thing that you love to do so much that you would make sacrifices to be able to do it?
What kind of sacrifices are we talking?
81. If you (and everyone) had to lose one right or freedom, but you could pick which one everyone had to lose, what would you pick?
Why would I pick that for someone else? Everyone has a right to freedom.
82. If you had to choose would you live on the equator or at the North Pole?
83. Would you rather give up listening to music or watching television?
84. What do you think makes someone a hero?
I think that all depends on the person who is considering that person a hero
85. What cartoon would you like to be a character in?
Hahaha. The simpsons :)
86. Name one thing that turns your stomach:
Seeing/hearing someone throw up
87. What was the last thing you paid for?
88. Are you a coupon clipper?
No, my great grandmother is though
89. Get anything good in the mail recently?
I wish. I check the mail everyday and I am disappointed
90. Which would you rather take as a gym class...dancing, sailing, karate, or bowling?
Dancing, except I am self conscience. So probably bowling.
91. In Star Trek people 'beam' back and forth between different places. What this means is they stand in a little tube and their molecules are deconstructed and sent to another tube somewhere else where they are reassembled. Only problem is when the molecules are deconstructed the person is dead. When they are put back together it is only a clone that has all the dead person's memories. So...
Is the person who gets beamed the same person on both ends?
Maybe? If you beam enough, lol
92. What insects are you afraid of?
Spiders. And anything that crunches or squishes (out loud) when you kill it. But mostly spiders.
93. If you could print any phrase on a T-shirt, what would it say?
94. What's the most eccentric thing you have ever worn?
I don't think I have worn anything eccentric per se, but maybe just wearing something too dressy to a casual place.
95. If you could pick one food that you could eat all you wanted but it would have no effect on how much you weigh, what food would it be?
ice cream :)
96. What are your parents interested in?
My step-sisters and my brother. Otherwise, I am not sure.
97. Have you ever caught an insect and kept it as a pet?
When I was younger, we caught a caterpillar, but I think that was more my brother's thing than mine.
Have you ever caught and tamed a wild animal?
98. What is more helpful to you, wishes or plans?
99. When do you feel your life energy the strongest?
My what the what? Maybe when I am in nature and just listening.
100. You are spending the night alone in the woods and may bring only 3 items with you. What do you bring?
A tent, matches, and bug spray lol