Sunday, November 7, 2010

Opinionated Eater: Five Guys Burger and Fries


Yes, so what? I eat out often. This is actually a new restaurant the chef, kid, and I tried today. The chef and I usually hit up Smashburger, but we needed to try something new. I knew this place had opened up and I hadn't heard much about it. So, off for lunch we went.
Five guys is just a burger joint. They have veggie sandwiches, not what I was looking for. So, I had a cheeseburger, fries and a drink. All a la carte. Lame. I kinda am starting to hate places like that. When I ordered, I asked for everything, they have grilled mushrooms and onions too. Awesome! The burger, left something missing....juicyness. The fries now...they were amazing. The kid, she didn't like the fries. they were potatoes that are cut and they still had the skins when they were cut. She wasn't sure what it was and didn't like them. We also tried the cajun fries, meh. They were too covered in the seasoning.
Now, if we could marry two places....yes, that would be awesome. Take smashburger's burger and smashsauce, and their egg bun. And put the toppings of Five Guy's on there. YUM! And take Five Guy's fries and (according to the chef) put the seasonings of Smashfries on them, and they would be good. (Please note: I am not fond of Smashfries, they have rosemary which is something I do not like. And YES I have tried them)

No comments:

Post a Comment