Sunday, November 7, 2010

Opinionated Eater: Cantina Laredo



So, there is a restaurant, Cantina Laredo, that I tried in Branson, MO back in July. The only thing I really liked was the guacamole. It was amazing. Nothing else really was all that great. So, we recently had a location open up here in Omaha, and I wanted the guacamole. So, last night, we decided that we would give it a try again. BIG MISTAKE. The guacamole is made tableside. The first time, it was amazing, this time....there was too much lime. Since my husband IS a chef, he was able to tell me how to change it to make it more palatable. However, everything else was leaving a LOT to de desired. The taco was good, just not as good as it could've been. My enchiladas, were terrible. They were lacking a key ingredient essential to every meal: FLAVOR. I am glad that we tried it again. I know now that I came and I saw, and I won't be trying to conquer anything to do with it. Even our service (both times) was terrible. What made it worse this time, the server is a former server from my husband's restaurant and KNEW him....thats all.

No comments:

Post a Comment