Saturday, August 29, 2009

ahhh....the blog

So, I don't usually blog about anything. However, my boyfriend (the chef) decided it would be good for me to vent my frustrations out in blog format. He said whatever works for me. I'm 25 years old. Just going back to school for the first time in 6 years. This is after my first failed attempt after my daughter was born. THIS time will be different. I keep telling myself that. And my chef keeps telling me that too. This time I am going with the aid of my best friend, my boyfriend, and God. Last time, not so much. I am also a recovering alcoholic hoping to celebrate 3 years at the beginning of October. This is something that will be spoken of frequently of during my blogging.

Anyways. My chef, Brian, decided to show me desperatechefswives.com last night, he thought it would be good for me to read other people's problems/issues with being married/in a relationship with a chef. We have only been together for 2 months, but it seems like so much longer. What the funny part about the whole thing is, I am going to go to school, starting Monday, to be a pastry chef. Now, Brian, is an executive chef at a fairly nice restaurant in Omaha. I have been in the restaurant, just never eaten there. Its...out of my league, and budget at the moment. We met at my restaurant where I am a server. This helps a bit in our relationship because even though I am not a chef (yet) I still work restaurant hours. Its 1am and I got off work not too long ago. This probably helps me understand him and his hours. I still don't get how we can work so close to each other and only have one day a week completely to ourselves. I am working on this. I am also working on the fact that we make plans and because of his job, they (usually) don't work out. That is hard.....

More to come,
Jes

2 comments:

  1. First of all, congrats on reaching three years of sobriety-I know it's not October yet-but you will make it.

    It sounds like you are doing all the right things with your chef boyfriend. Talking about the long hours and hectic schedule is the first step to being able to deal with/accept it.

    Good luck with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! it probably helps that i am a server and going to school. thats always nice!

    ReplyDelete